Friday 14 July 2006
This is such a sexist post, I should be ashamed of myself. But I’m not. I decided I’d write my top ten hot males on the Web list so we can discuss.
Fact is, there are at least 20 people that didn’t make the top list. The men in web, let’s face it, not only dominate, but they’re just HOT.
So, today, at the risk of embarassing everyone on this list, I present to you my ten top male hotties of the Web, 2006
Notice that I’ve used an unordered list. Feel free to order or delete my nominees at will.
- Andy Clarke. Oh I’m biased but it’s a good bias. If you’ve not seen him present in his suit and that hot pink tie I bought him, then you should. His presence, insight and charisma will change our world. He’s the one who understands and can navigate with ease the separation ‘twixt design and code. Andy is, even if you choose to order this list, my number one.
- Dean Edwards. Okay, I’ve probably just done something really wrong by outing two of the hottest men I’ve ever met, both from the UK. A pattern perhaps? But let me tell you ladies and gents, this man is gifted. He’s a genius programmer, which would be hot to me on its own. But, wait there’s more! How about that sexy white streak in his hair? Or the fact that he is a world class cook? Oh, be still my beating heart.
- Douglas Bowman. Okay, the guy is cute. But what I really love Doug for is his compassionate insight regarding humanitarist ideals and the Web. If you’ve never seen this side of Doug, well, I recommend it. You’ll cry, you’ll laugh, you’ll see what I mean.
- Dave Shea. The man is perfection. Just ask him 😉 No, seriously, I’ve co-authored a few books in my time, but Dave has been and will always be the consumate professional. And he’s very nice to look at, too. More importantly, he has such a great soul, which he pretends to contain but all you need do is look into his beautiful eyes.
- Eric Meyer. Redhead, tall, droll, and smart. Not to mention he probably saved my life one night. And then some. The man is too sexy for his books, I tell ya!
- Derek Feathersone. Have you felt his arms? I touch him just to be reminded what strength really is. I think Derek is going to save us all a lot of pain. If he weren’t married and I weren’t, well, me, and it were a different life? This is a guy I could and would have married.
- Joe Clark. Okay, I’m throwing this one in for spice, but really. Joe is hot not for any expected reason, but because when I look in his eyes, his soul is right there. He is a person that doesn’t do the social thing too well, but he’s also one of the very few people I’ve ever seen stick by his ideals and convictions. I hate vacillation. With Joe, you’ll always get his truth, and that’s just plain hot.
- Tantek Çelik.. Let’s put aside the fact the man has given more to our profession than anyone I know: Mac IE, the DOCTYPE switch. Technorati. Put all that aside, and Tantek, dressed in black from head to toe with two computers side by side multitasking while he waxes poetically about the building blocks of the world’s future? Hot hot and let me say again, hot.
- Faruk Ateş. Faruk is not only physically beautiful, he’s got a soul I recognize. Had I been younger and male, I think I would be very much like Faruk. As it stands, he could easily be my son in terms of years, and I love him as if he were. Here’s a young man with an open heart and mind, and willing to stake his claim. He’s earned accolades, and critics too. To the critics, I say, I think you might be jealous. To those that have hired him, I say treat him right and don’t neglect him. He’s smart, he’ll figure life out, he deserves your love and appreciation.
- Erik Hatcher. Many of my readers might not know Erik’s name, but with the rise of Web apps and search, you should. A Java developer I first met in Tucson, then again across the states, I have to say this man is brilliant. And stealth. He’s doing the backend stuff we all should aspire to. Besides, apparently for a very white boy, he can speak Chinese well enough to make a girl gush. And you know exactly where I mean. HOT!
Is that it? Only ten? Oh why oh why did I choose that number? I’m thinking John Allsopp, the ever dreamy Simon Collison, Roger Johansson, Steve Champeon, Simon Willison (he’s just so cute and I’m sure he’ll hate me for writing that, but so what), Chris Wilson, John Oxton, Jon Hicks, Jeremy Keith, Hugh Forrest, Nick Finck, Matt May,
Bruce Lawson and Patrick Lauke . . . oh I thiink this list is just too short. Maybe a “who’s not hot” list would serve us better.
What do you think? Let’s hear you’re top 10 list, male and/or otherwise 😉